Sunday, February 14, 2010

Inspiration for the Mind

I think it's safe to say that very often, life throws us curve balls that we must catch, speed bumps that may prevent us from going as fast as we wanted, and hurdles that we sometimes have to struggle to jump over. I personally know that throughout trying times, it's hard to stay on track and stay positive, especially when so much envy and negativity surround me. However, I must say that there are several quotes that keep me grounded and faithful that the bad will turn to good. I've decided to share them with you:

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they go right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart, so that better things can fall together."
- Marilyn Monroe

"It's not how you start the race, it's how you finish it."
- My father

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Now ladies, I would like to ask you the same question. What is a saying, quote, song, poem, or the like that keeps you motivated and confident when hard times have found you?

P.S. - Happy Valentine's Day! :)

1 comment:

  1. The battle is not yours, but the Lords. This is a scripture that not only inspires me, but reminds me that I always have help no matter what I am doing or trying to achieve. We continue to fight and strive for what we believe in, but without the help of the Lord, we will never know what success means or live it. I am truly inspired by the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete