Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day

Flowers, chocolate and love is often what comes to mind when I think of Valentine's Day. It is what seems to be the most popular way to celebrate the holiday that many young ladies are so fond of, particularly those who are in a relationship. It's a peachy thought to know that someone cares and loves you so much and to be able experience and express that love on February 14th of each year is heartwarming. Although I am single, I plan to use this year's Valentine's Day to express my love and appreciation for myself as a strong, beautiful female who has accomplished much in the so many but yet so few 20 years of my life. However, if I did have a male companion, I must say that my ideal Valentine's Day would consist of the two of us making dinner together, a movie (perhaps a comedy) and I would like for us to create handmade gifts for each other that must have a significant meaning. Although males often lack in the area of creativity, it would be a fun and interesting way of expressing our love for each other without having to worry about who spent more on who :-)

Now ladies, the same question applies to you. What would your ideal Valentine's Day look like?

P.S. - If I had the choice, my significant other would be Dwight Howard :-)

6 comments:

  1. Jen, this is fantastic and I love it up. This is a great thing you're doing; keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica from The V SpotFebruary 9, 2010 at 8:10 AM

    For my special Valentine I would start the day off by sending him a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses with a romantic message attached. I would pick him up and we'd be off to a romantic dinner at a bed and breakfast in the country. After dinner we would take a nice long walk in the cold air and just talk about any and everything. We would then retire to our room for the evening. I'd change into a beautiful dress and we'd slow dance to the oldies, some Dells, Smokey Robinson, The Intruders. Then desert and champagne from room service and we'd enjoy each other's company until the sun came up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my love, i think that this is great and im very proud that you shared this with me... kepp up the great work. HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY!!! u kno who this is.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY JEN JEN,
    My ideal Valentine would start the day off by sending me a box of chocolates perferably Godiva dark chocolate cut out in littke heart shapes. Then we would go out to eat in a qiuet setting for two. The restaurnat would be closed for the both of us. Nothing but candles and rose peddles. After our lovely dinner we would take walk and talk about anything we both want to talk about. At the end of the night he would drop me at home and give me a tender kiss goodnight.

    Ohh yah and ladies my hubby will always be Mr. Trey Songz lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love for my Valentine to bring or send me bright flowers and maybe chocolate. : )
    Then, dressed up, we'd have a romantic evening at home, making dinner and drinking wine. Just enjoying each other's company for the whole night would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete