Tuesday, March 30, 2010

GRADUATION

I remember the day when I graduated from Notre Dame Academy.

The sun was beaming down on the beautiful grounds in Villanova, Pennsylvania and every chair in the garden was taken up by a relative of one of the many girls graduating that day.

My mother, father, sister, two brothers, MiMom, aunt and uncle came to see me receive and accept my high school diploma.  It was a glorious day as my mother likes to say.

Graduation holds all the years of learning all the different subjects necessary to move on to an institution of high learning.  It is the success one has achieved which allows them to write and step into the next chapter of life.  Graduation also holds special memories I will forever cherish.  I've learned a lot, I've made a few friends and I've learned that there are cliques in almost every situation and circumstance in life where girls are involved.  I, too, was part of a clique; my best friend and I.  We had a ball forming our own little circle and we enjoyed spending our early mornings together in the cafeteria chatting about the days spent at NDA.  Kelsey and I are still best friends today, even though she attends college across the pond.  Our bond is as strong as the day we graduated from high school.  

Before graduating, there was the process of preparing to apply to various colleges as I aspire to reach my full potential, accomplish my future dreams and goals and to press for the mark.  I applied to five universities, visited all five and was accepted to all five.  Of course I chose the one that I thought would suit my academic needs.

The campus of the university that I chose for myself was beautiful.  As a Media Studies major, I was ready to buckle down and get the same grades that I had gotten in working so hard in high school.  I continue on the path where my academic growth has helped me to maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.

Graduation is a special day.  It is just one of your tickets to a bright future.  So leave on that cap; take it with you to college and remember that 4 more years of learning, another 100 notches in your belt is just around the corner.  Are you ready to take on the challenge and buckle down to do and be your best; the world is awaiting you.  So go ahead, and prepare to make your mark to make this world of ours a better place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment